Monday, July 1, 2013

7th Time is the Charm?

Remember that summer when I work in the yard... played frisbee golf... or, well, just went outside, and days later I had a hideous, itchy, oozy, rash somewhere on my body? Oh wait, that's been every single year since I moved into my house in 2007! 2008 Flashback and photo.

I thought I'd become the master of avoiding the Yard Rash, but it struck yet again. My plan worked well, except for one small detail, or some may call it that lump three feet above my ass. Anyway, after weeding last week I doused myself in a shower of Dawn dish detergent. If it can save animals from oil spills, then why not me from the oils of those evil weeds in my backyard?

And now I bring you to the problem... I chose not to suds up my whole head in Dawn. While weeding I did not touch my head and and instead used my shirt to wipe sweat off my brow. As the photos clearly show, this was not a foolproof plan.
Here's a random text conversation with my out of town coworker who was just checking in.
Soooo yeah, I've been using the topical steroid cream from last year that gets me through most of the day. Plus, the positive thinking of, "At least I don't have a rash in my belly button." 

More than anything it's unpleasant. I enjoy yard work and this is my consequence, but I think I may have finally nailed down the solution for a future 99% rash free outcome. In the meantime, I'm glad to have awesome friends that help me through these itchy and scratchy times!
Shout out to Theresa. Woot woot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! the "rents"