Saturday, July 27, 2013

Whitney's Walk for Life 2013

I actually got out of bed earlier today than I do on a normal work day, but I look forward to this day every year (assuming I don't wake up to crazy storm damage in my backyard). Anyway, Sparky was just as jazzed for Whitney's Walk as I was! What might be better is how my friends and family helped me surpass my donation goal. THANK YOU!

If you haven't stepped outside today or don't live in Central Illinois, let me tell you, the weather was absolutely beautiful for the walk. It's almost noon and the temperature has yet to reach 70 today. So gorgeous outside!

I should have taken this photo from the other direction, oh well, maybe I'll get it right next year. This is our team, Living for Lynn, gathering together before the race and walk started.

And here's Sparky leading me along. This was the first year I didn't walk with music on, so I got to hear all the comments about my short, stocky, super cute, little friend. If other walkers follow through, there should be at least 22 more dogs showing up to Whitney's Walk next year.

No comments: