Sunday, July 14, 2013

Whitney's Walk is Just Around the Corner

Whitney's Walk is just around the corner and the only money as of 3:50 today that is filling up my thermometer (left column under my glow stick head)  is the $25 I added upon signing up for the walk. I don't want to pester people with a request to please donate on a daily basis, so I might just go on a blog and posting strike until my goal is reached.

The Magic 8 Ball predicts this won't make an impact to anyone and some will never even notice, but it's worth a shot, right?

I came to know of Whitney's Walk when a former teacher reached out for me to be on her team, Living for Lynn. Her daughter (my longtime classmate and teammate) committed suicide during my college years, and this is how we celebrate her life and help support programs for depression awareness and suicide prevention.

This year my birthday falls the day after Whitney's Walk. As usual, if you ask me what I'd like for my birthday, I'd be honored if you'd make a donation on my Whitney's Walk page. If money isn't an option, then go donate some blood (I've been getting notices that the supply is low this summer).

Sparky and I plan to be at Jubilee College State Park bright and early on the 27th for Whitney's Walk and if you're in the area and want to be a part of the walk, please join us! Go here, agree to the waiver and join the team, Living for Lynn.

7-17-13 Update: Goal reached thanks to Emily,Tom and Laura! Thanks for getting the thermometer to Explode! Can you FEEL IT?!?!

7-16-13 Update: My Iadipaolos came through! Up to 67% thanks to Vince and Sandra... woot, woot!

7-15-13 Update: Theresa and Jim stepped up to the plate with a donation. I'm half way there, thanks to my Angells!

FYI, With each addition to my goal, you're helping move the counter for the overall Whitney's Walk goal of $110,000!

No comments: