Sunday, August 3, 2008

Quite the week.

Had a few things happen this week that were pretty interesting, besides turning 28. Wednesday I did some crazy weed pulling in the backyard to fill up my landscape waste can for Thursday pickup. The rest of my yard work got put on hold because my body so kindly told me I had a touch of the flu.

I briefly went into work on Thursday for a meeting and then headed home to try various ways to settle the ole stomach. In between napping, I watched a bit of the Cubs game and a few episodes of Kathy Griffin's Life on the D-list. That's a pretty darn funny show.

Friday went by slowly, but I did get the birthday gift I bought for myself. I mustered up enough energy that night to set it up in the basement and take a couple swings. I tried it out more today, and it's awesome!

Last night Mom and I went to see A Chorus Line at Corn Stalk Theater. Yet another wonderful production they put on. Besides the good dancing, it was fun to see something I knew nothing about. It was a unique plot line and it definitely kept my interest.

This morning I lost power about 4am, waking up to the battery backup on my computer beeping. After a bit more sleep, I woke up around 7am as usual and was surprised to see I'd actually received my paper on time for the first time in 3 weeks. Then I started to get lost in the paper and a couple shows on TV. My blinking clocks didn't help the situation either and before I knew it, 11:00.

As I was getting ready, I noticed this lovely rash across my jawline and neck. It's quite the lovely shade of pinky-red. I'm crossing my fingers that I've done everything to help it stop spreading. The itchiness is starting to get to me after one day. Darn that yard work! Maybe I'll have to wear a hazmat suit the next time I'm out in the yard.

No comments: