Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Too old for snow? I think not!

Below is a screenshot of the weather I woke up to this morning. We've had nonstop rain, sleet, and snow all day. If I were an Eskimo, I'm sure I could add seven or eight more descriptive words for precipitation.

Knowing there was a good inch of slushy ice under the heavy, wet snow, I parked in the street so I could shovel the driveway before packing down the ice. There was about 8 inches drifted in front of the garage door, and by the time I got done with the driveway there was already a fair amount of accumulation.

I would have loved for Sparky to be outside with me in the front yard, but he hasn't learned the concept of staying out of the street. Thank goodness I have a fenced in backyard. 

I'm happy to say we did not temporarily lose the tennis ball. Although it is fun to watch Sparky search all his footprint holes for the tennis ball.

Sparky got tired, but I wasn't done yet. Yes, I know this tree didn't do anything to me, but I had to throw some snowballs. Yet another day where I wonder what the people at Trefzger's bakery may have been thinking about me.

I got my snow angels in! I found a spot in the parking lot at work that didn't get plowed. Then I had to make one in my own front yard.
 

No comments: