Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Luke Bryan, Thompson Square & Florida Georgia Line - Bloomington, IL 2-18-13

I'm a good week behind on my blogging this concert. I would have posted sooner if I hadn't taken over 600 pictures to sort through. There is a method to my madness. I use the sport setting on my camera, so for every photo I take, there may be up to 20 I have to sort through. I like to make sure I have non-ugly-singing-face photos.

It was a Monday, and Kristin and I headed to Bloomington shortly after work. We grabbed a good burger from a place called Meatheads, and then headed to the coliseum. There was ridiculous amounts of rain and strong winds during our entire journey from door-to-door.

We arrive 30 minutes after the venue opened and still had to wait outside in the pouring, freezing rain for a at least 10 minutes while the line continued to grow with agitated people coming from the bars. I think we were moments away from chaos breaking out. Why the insanely long line and wait? Well, someone had the bright idea that every single person needed to be wanded prior to crossing the entrance threshold. This was not a fun experience!

Kristin and I found or seats just in time to watch the first act, Florida Georgia Line. They put on a good show with high energy.

Up next was Thompson Square. I do believe this was the first couple I've ever seen perform. For their performance, we relocated from our seats to the top of the venue on the suite level. Less crowded and shorter lines (bathroom and concession), plus, we didn't have to worry about having beer spilled on us.

It was around around 9:00 when Luke Bryan finally took the stage. An hour and half in to the show and on a Monday night I was ready to go home. So, to still have the main event to go, well, that was beyond awesome!

Here's are some of my favorite photos from the show. Luke Bryan sings a song called, "Country Girls Shake It For Me". He was kind enough to return the favor several times.

I don't think I've ever heard than many women scream at once. It was quite a different experience than my typical Sugarland concert.


Part way through the show, Thompson Square and FGL made another appearance to sing a couple pop songs with Luke Bryan. I'm blanking on the songs, but remember enjoying their version of a Bruno Mars song "your love takes me to paradise".

I love when bands break it down. In Luke Bryan's case, it involved a little moonshine.

Love this pic I got off the big screen.

1 comment:

Amanda Rassi said...

Awesome! You should have heard the women scream at the Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney concert I went to this past summer. (I of course was not one of them) ;-)