Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Birthday, Basketball and Bunnies... Oh My.

Last weekend was a busy and fun one. I kicked it off by joining the Angell's in celebrating Jim's 50th Birthday! It was my kind of party, held at Jillian's, a grownups version of Chucky Cheese or Peoria's version of Dave and Buster's

Happy Birthday Jim!
Prior to that evening, Tom told me I better bring my racing gloves. Little did he know that I would bust some out before we raced Jim and Craig on the Nascar experience game. The gloves didn't help me win, but in typical Jane fashion, I wrecked my car and chose to become a missile flying around the track backwards with a target on my opponents _________ (insert cackle here).

Saturday brought a Bradley basketball game with Tom and Laura. A big shout out and Thank You goes to Matt. He and Brian were in town because Matt was being inducted into the Bradley Hall of Fame. Matt hooked us up with some awesome tickets. We were in great company with his family and the Braves even won the game.

When my friends are in town, I can't wait to spend time with them, and I'd do just about anything they ask in order to spend just one more precious minute hanging out. And in this case, yes, even if it's being invited to attend a Rabbit Show. I'm glad Matt and Brian suggested it, it was a new, interesting and fun experience.

Here's a picture of Brian petting a box. No, actually there's are bunny in that chute. The rabbits get placed in the chutes while waiting to be judged.

Here are a couple of Brian's new friends. I've seen dog shows on TV and I've even been to a cat show at the same venue. I never in my wildest dreams imagined there would be a group of people with that same kind of enthusiasm, but for rabbits.

I was very glad to get a glimpse into their world. Ask enough questions and you even get to pet and hold one of those fuzzy little guys. Here's my favorite baby bunny. He reminded me of an Ewok.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

I think that is an Ewok disguised as a bunny.