Sunday, September 19, 2010

Weekend over all too soon.

I had a fairly productive Saturday. I took Sparky for a walk down to Glen Oak Park so we could cheer on the Zoo Run Runners. Got to root on Tom, Coker, Vince, Sandra, and her brother Omar. Sparky was lovin' all the smells and the added attention. I really should have put him in that shirt I got him. That would have been funny.

Did the normal household stuff the rest of the day. I could have finished painting the bathroom, but I wasn't feeling it. I need to be in a creative mindset when I tackle the clouds, otherwise I don't think it will turn out right.

Instead, I put my energy into framing the 30 Andre Dawson baseball cards Tom got me for my birthday. Here's just one of the three frames I put together. I think they turned out quite nicely and I even had room to put in the photo of Dawson and myself. Now I just need to get them up on the wall, along with the Janesville puzzle I framed a few weeks ago.
Seeing that I was up at 5 this morning, I tried to get a few things done instead of just sitting around vedging. Finally got some grocery shopping done. I've just been picking up odds and ends the last couple of weeks. Need to get back in the rhythm of planning out meals... should be set for the week now.

Dad came by mid-morning to install the shower head I bought. I wanted a nice clean new one with a hose, so it will be easier to give The Sparkster a bath. Maybe now I'll get less wet during his bath time. There seemed to be a defect with the one I bought, so Dad and I took a nice trip to Menards. The second new one seems to work like a charm, but the real test will come Monday morning. Hopefully it doesn't shoot off the wall like an out of control fire hose.
Sparky was quite pleased to have Dad stop by and visit him. I seriously think in his little world that meeting/seeing new people is purely for his own enjoyment. Little does he know that he's just lucky I know just great and loving people.

Anyway, he was pretty jazzed most of the afternoon. Here's a picture of him during squeaky time. The duck has won him over since he busted the squeaker in the cow already.
It still amazes me how quickly he can go from spaz to chill. And as I type this, he's actually fallen asleep.
Hope everyone has a good week. I sure hope I do!

2 comments:

Amanda Rassi said...

Squeaky time? It looks like he's got quite the collection there. His behavior sounds much like a kid non-stop until there is a sudden crash of energy.

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog to read! The Dawson framing job looks VERY good. Looks like Sparkyville has a few new inhabitants at your house...a mute cow?! Hugs, Momma