Monday, September 6, 2010

Super busy weekend.

I had quite the busy weekend, which is ending with me sprawled out on the couch, taking in Night at the Museum 2 and trying to fight off a nagging headache.

Friday night I stopped over at Mom and Dad's to borrow a couple painting supplies for my bathroom project. Saturday, before diving in to the bathroom, Sparky and I headed into Dunlap to watch Tom's team play. Little did I know that it was a tournament and I was a good hour early to Tom's game. Luckily, I did get to chat with him before heading home to start on my project.

Saturday afternoon I got all the items taken off the walls in the bathroom. I had slight issues with the getting the towel bar off the wall. The screw heads were painted over and stripped. I broke a couple drill bits in my attempts and had to rely on the good ole sturdy hammer. After that I puttied and sanded and puttied and sanded all evening.

Sunday started out with Jim taking the shower rod down for me, and then him, Tom and I headed over to ICC for a round of frisbee golf. Great weather and fun times. Shortly after lunch the priming began and then I followed up later with the painting.

This morning I got the bathroom back in useful order before partaking in the Iadipaolo's Labor Day cookout. They had a great idea to try some of the games from "A Minute to Win it". Super fun, but I'll have to start practicing if they do that again.

This evening I ran out of steam. My motivation has fizzled out. My goal will be to work a little bit in the bathroom each evening until all light spots are solid blue, the cabinet is on the wall, the towel bars are up, trim painted, new shower installed, and clouds painted. Oh goodness, what have I started.

2 comments:

Amanda Rassi said...

Wow, sounds like you had a very productive weekend.

Anonymous said...

This bathroom project calls for a picture or two. :-) Momma