Friday, June 11, 2010

Whitney's Walk For Life 2010

Last year I caught up with my favorite teacher growing up during an art show at the Luthy Botanical Garden. I now have a piece of her artwork in my living room, in exchange for a donation to Whitney's Walk For Life, which raises money for the Mental Health Association of Illinois Valley. My donation was in memory of her daughter, Lynn Pastucha, who was a class and teammate of mine growing up.

I'm glad to have reconnected because I was asked to join her team this year. I'm going to participate in the walk on Saturday, July 31st. I've chipped in an $25 beyond my entry fee and I'm daring my friends and family to match my donation. If you've got the time, I'd love to have you walking with us!

This event is hitting home for me, as I've continued to deal with my anxiety issues this year. I can't imagine how I would have coped with something like this or depression at a younger age. If you don't know what to do in celebration of my 30th birthday on July 28th, then think about opening your pocketbook for a good cause.

No comments: