Saturday, June 26, 2010

Mississippi - Dixie Chicks

I went to see the Dixie Chicks Thursday night at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. I met up with Steph and her husband, and a small gaggle of her aunts and uncles.

I've been trying to figure out how many years it has been since I saw the DXC. I believe Emily, Matt, and I saw them in 2003. They put on a great show with all the bells and whistles. I couldn't wait for them to tour again. Their last tour was after their last album in 2006, which I was supposed to see with Emily in Denver, but after they rearranged tour dates, we weren't able to go. Who reschedules a concert date for Thanksgiving weekend?

Anyway, It's been a good 7 years since I've seen the DXC and 4 since I've heard any new music from them. When I first heard of their tour with The Eagles, I was in! The most I've ever spent on a ticket in my life, but quite the fun experience with such great musicians, singers, and songwriters!

Here's the Dixie Chicks singing one of my favorite songs Sheryl Crow has ever recorded. The song is Mississippi and was written by Bob Dylan. On another note, I wish I had video of the DXC singing Soul Sister by Train... it was such a fun version.

No comments: