Monday, June 28, 2010

Smith Bed & Breakfast

Other than the Dixie Chicks/Eagles concert I got to see with Stephanie and her family, I got to hang with my family for a couple days. Got to visit a bit Wed. evening when I got there and then Thursday morning as the day was starting out. I kind of went missing most of Thursday because I had a major case of ants in the pants. The anticipation of the concert was too much for me to just chill, so I went out and about.I started out at Old St. Charles and walked up down the street of little shops, waiting for The Olde Town Spice Shoppe to open. I wanted to get the parents some thank you rib rubs for watching the Sparkster. After that, I bopped back to the house to see what Aunt Joyce and John were up to. I honestly don't remember at this point. I just remember heading out to a mall and coming back mid-afternoon to Uncle Brian and John getting back from the pool. Shortly after, I headed downtown to beat all the rush hour traffic. I enjoyed my gelato and the concert. Surprisingly, my cousin Tom was still up when I got back in the evening, so I got to share some of the concert experience with him.
Friday was all about the chillin' with Joyce, John, and Ben (my older cousin Charlie's 1-year-old). We got a quick Costco trip in before spending most of the day baking/cooking for a event at their church in the evening. After dropping off the food at church, Brian was home from work, so we all went to El Agave for dinner. Gotta love the local Mexican restaurant. Then it was back to the house to fill Brian in on my concert and talk some baseball with John.I headed out Saturday morning... apparently to save Lizzie from Sparky sooner than later. Who would have thought he'd cramp her style? Anyway, it was a super fun visit and great mini vacation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even though I got the one-on-one version of your trip, I loved reading about it too, and I liked seeing you and Stephanie. Thanks! Momma