Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Drum roll please

I was so amped all day that by the time I got to meet them, I was down to a normal energy level. Glad that happened, so I didn't scare them. I was the first person in line as they came off the tour bus to meet us outside behind the stage.

Jennifer commented on me shirt "I'm really excited to be here" and then introduced herself and asked my name. Then I turned to Kristian and jokingly asked him what his name was. He told me with a chuckle and gave me a pat on the back.

They slung their arms around me and I hope we all smiled and kept our eyes open for the photo. I was afraid to spend too much time with them, so asked them just one question. I asked if Irreplaceable would be on the CD. Jennifer started to say yes and then Kristian interrupted to correct her, it was kind of funny. I was hoping it was going to be a hidden track.

I said bye and then dropped off my signed 8x10 in the car for safe keeping. After having been out in the hot sun for 5 hours at that point I realized I actually smelled kind of nice... I smelled like Sugarland. Their perfume/cologne rubbed off on me.

A couple neat things during the concert. A portion of the proceeds went to a local school district to help pay for computers. They talked quite a bit to the audience, compared to when I saw them last year (I like hearing about the songs.) Plus, they pulled up most of the crew on stage to introduce them. They also signed a guitar and gave it to a young girl in the audience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are adorable. Were you like... i need you to stand here and you to stand there so it can match the pic i have on my blog. Hehe... you're such fun!

Amanda Rassi said...

Love the shirt! =)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you took time to write about your experience. Hugs, Momma