Thursday, January 16, 2014

Jennifer Nettles Concert & TBT to Sugarland

I thought I would try to blog while watching Jennifer Nettle's concert from the comfort of my couch. I underestimated how much toe tapping I'd be doing. My laptop is a hoppin' and boppin'. I guess my first full blog while watching a concert will have to wait. Survey says this will never be accomplished. I've got to pay attention!

To my surprise, the show was a whole hour long. Now, that's what I'm talkin' about! Jennifer greeted us with a smile and that wonderful voice. She sang her way through her newly released solo album, That Girl. I had yet to buy the album because I thought it would be a cool experience to hear it live for the very first time. She did not disappoint!

There are certain performers that I'm drawn to, and Jennifer would be one of them. Why you ask? Well, she doesn't seem to hold back and let's her thoughts come right on out. I love when people are real. A couple of my other favorites like this are Kelly Clarkson and P!nk. Tell me those three wouldn't be a stellar lineup to see!

It's Thursday and after watching Jennifer sing her heart out tonight, my mind races back through all the Sugarland concerts I've seen. One of my favorite experiences was when I got to meet the duo in July 2008! If you'd like to relive the experience with me, here's the blog links that tell the story.
Excitement and Anticipation
The Wait
Final Event

I suppose a random thanks that will probably never be heard by the likes of RAM or YAHOO! is in order. They brought Jennifer to my living room tonight. Thanks for that!

No comments: