Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Nice Try, Old Man Winter!

This has been quite the winter for us Midwesterners. Old Man Winter is definitely making up for the last couple mild years we had. Goodness only knows how much snow truly fell in my neck-of-the-woods considering I had parts of my drive with one inch of snow and other areas drifted up to my knees this morning.

Before I start into my day, here's a pick a took on my way home from work of what I consider a "tidal wave" of snow. I love how it's oozing off the rooftop, awaiting for the perfect moment to surprise it's victim below. (If only this business was actually open).

Moving along. I underestimated how long it would take to clear my driveway this morning so I could leave and make my way into work. The snow drifts were ridiculously high for a one person shoveling crew. I feel bad for piling snow on the neighboring house (nobody lives there), but I really don't have any other choice.

As I shoveled my drive, I wondered what Mr. Plow, who was clearing the parking lot across the street, must be thinking. Was he laughing inside at the one person on the block outside attempting to clear their drive with a measly plastic shovel? or would he decide to come to the rescue, allowing the universe to throw some good ju-ju his way?

Mr. Plow put a smile on this frost-bitten face as he pushed aside snow from the last 6-foot or so of driveway! No city snowplow was going to bury the end of my driveway! I hope Mr. Plow had a good day.

I got to work a bit late, sore and tired... for various reasons, but you'll have that. Skipping ahead, I opted to go home for lunch because I needed to turn my crappy mood around. Upon returning to the office, I noticed the back lot had good portion of untouched snow! Our local plow had yet to return and finish clearing the parking lot.

Still in need of an attitude adjustment, I did just what the doctor ordered. DONUTS IN THE BACK LOT! Second best part about it, I was spotted mid-spin by my co-worker as he left for lunch. He gave me a thumbs up! Third best part, as I was walking through the building to my office, another co-worker called me out for having a devilish grin on my face. I don't know what she was talking about.


Here's my damage! I'm not sure how, but I resisted doing more donuts as I left work this evening.

When I sat back down at my desk after lunch, I followed-up with Sandra about her proposal to do snow angels at lunchtime. She totally chickened out! Afraid of getting wet or too cold or some other sort of nonsense. As someone else put it, "Indian-giving snow angels oughtta be a crime!"

As most know, when I get an idea in my head... well, it's gonna happen come hell or high water. I had an immediate response from Theresa that she would drive over to accompany me in snow angel making. The plan was in place, 2:30 Snow Angels!

Showing up early, my Angell (Theresa, Theresa Angell), stopped in the office with donuts and cocoa for a post-snow angel snack. How awesome is that!!!

I was able to round up 2 additional troops and the 4 of us headed outside. With enough peer pressure, you can get Sandra to do about anything. Below, Sandra is pre-snow angel as she yells as Stephanie. Steph did that old trick of, "Let's make a snow angel on the count of 3", but Steph didn't sit down. Classic!

I gotta give Steph the award for best snow angel technique. It's as if she could foresee the day's event unfold as she got ready for work. Her Nanook of the North coat and snow boots gave her an unfair advantage.

Now for a little proof of the 4 individual snow angels. I hope to see some additions to the lineup when I walk into work tomorrow morning.

No comments: