Thursday, January 9, 2014

TBT - Amos Lee

For those not familiar with the acronyms floating around social media, TBT stands for ThrowBackThursday. I have a feeling you'll be seeing this on my blog this year. A little storytelling just feels right.

Moving along, amongst the almost bagillions of spam emails I get everyday, I had an email from CMT catch my attention. The name Amos Lee was in the subject line. I never considered him a country musician, so I thought I'd check it out.

Who is Amos Lee you ask? Well, I was introduced to him as the opening act to Norah Jones circa 2004. Matt was a fan of Norah Jones, and suggested we take a road trip to St. Louis to go see her in concert. I enjoyed her first album, so why not? Sign me up.

This may have been the last time I let someone else buy the tickets to an event. Why, you ask? Well, when Matt finally got the tickets in the mail... ummmm... it turned out to be ticket. Yes, one ticket. He did so many searches trying to find the best seats, and didn't notice the quantity reset to 1 ticket prior to purchase.

Anyway, he somehow got the ticket fiasco straightened out and we made it down to St. Louis to for the concert. You never know what you'll get with an opener, but I remember that Amos did not disappoint. It was simple, he stood on stand with his acoustic guitar and sang to us. His rich, soulful voice and connection to the songs blew me away, it was one of those surprise performances that leads you to immediately buy the album and seek out more tuneage.

I hope to see him in concert again some day, but in the meantime I'll have to settle for online performances. My favorite song is in the collection below... it's the 2nd one, Keep it Loose - Keep it Tight.


Get More:


No comments: