Monday, June 10, 2013

What will this weekend bring?

It's not often, but every once in awhile I truly wish I had a crystal ball. After spraining my ankle last week while prancercising, my plans for the week have become quite cloudy.

Last Saturday I couldn't help my friends move. Tonight I couldn't play softball. I haven't taken Sparky for a walk since last Tuesday. Riding the recumbent bike is also out. I did hobble through the yard, mowing the lawn with a heavily taped and immobile ankle, but apparently that wasn't the smartest thing to do either. Wonder if I'll manage to do find other simple tasks I should not do?

Yesterday and today were full of ice packs and leg elevation. I imagine tomorrow will be a repeat along with the next few days to come. That's my brain talking, while my heart says it'll be better by the end of the week and with an ankle wrap, you'll have no problem with the Warrior Dash on Sunday. (Remember the obstacle race I did a couple years ago where I jumped through fire?)

So yeah, I want a crystal ball. Do I give in today or keep hoping for the best? And deep down I wonder if it's more than just a sprain and should I go to the doctor? I guess I should go find my Magic 8 Ball. That will have the answers, right?

Found the Magic 8 Ball, although it seems to be down a few milliliters of liquid. Let's see what it says:
1. Wonder if I'll manage to do find other simple tasks I should not do?
     Concentrate and ask again. I'll come back to this one. Signs point to yes.

2. Do you remember the obstacle race from a couple years ago?
     Very doubtful. Good thing I linked it.

3a. Do I give in today?
     Very doubtful. 

3b. Do I keep hoping for the best?
     Signs point to yes.

4. More than just a sprain?
     Very doubtful. 

5. Should I go to the doctor?
     My sources say no.

6. Will the Magic 8 Ball have the answers?
     As I see it, yes.

No comments: