Thursday, June 13, 2013

Now you see it, Now you don't!

Okay, so they weren't immediate changes. 

As you probably assume based on appearance, the tree in my front yard was trimmed by the electric company like an oversized bonsai tree. Over the 6 years I've lived in my house, the tree has only gotten bigger and more lopsided. Add an infestation of carpenter ants and it's an accident waiting to happen.

Bring in the work crew. I stopped by over lunch to check on "chicken" dog and give the workers some water. This is right before the crew moved in to attack the bee hive that was formed in one of the dead and hollowed out branches. I gave them my can of wasp spray and they made good use of it. I found it sitting empty on the stoop when I came home. I hope they didn't get stung.

Kind of wish we had days like this all the time. Great weather and such a beautiful sky. A sky which I can now see outside my living room window. It's kind of nice, but my yard looks naked! There are 5 service lines running to my house and the neighbors' houses. I would love to plant a tree, but will have to do some investigation of what kind might work.

Now we move to my desk at work. We had to do a bit of rearranging yesterday and my desk ended up looking like a bomb went off!

Unable to work in that type of environment, I had to clean up and organize. Amazing what you can do when you have enough room to properly file and store your projects.

Here's proof that "chicken" dog truly exists. I'm watering the flowers along side of the garage. Sparky, afraid of water, is "hiding" in the sparse flowers at the back of the house. Yes, I was kind enough to warn him that area was next for watering.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

Ornamental pear. We planted one at our old house. Drive by to take a look at it, but I think it'll fill the space nicely for you.