Thursday, June 20, 2013

Starting at the source of the problem.

If you aren't aware, today is the last day of Spring, so if you've been putting off that Spring cleaning, then you better get to it! I've been chipping away at not so weekly chores over the last few weeks and feel pretty good, but there's one weekly chore that has gotten out of control.

The source of the problem, this furry little dude also know as Jinkies.

His hair-o eject-o system has been on overdrive the last couple of weeks. The frequency of his hairballs is every other day (happy to report I haven't stepped in one & Sparky hasn't eaten one). After just a few days from the last run of the vacuum the carpet starts to look like it's in the shade.

To attack this hairy situation, I decided to take another step further into adulthood and made my first purchase of an upright vacuum. The hand-me-down Hoover from my aunt back in 2002 just can't seem to keep up with Jinkies hair production. So I let my fingers do the walking, surfing, clicking, and purchased this dandy of a vacuum the other day.
Note: I had it delivered to work and it was the talk of the office today. Apparently people had some vacuum envy.

Here's the before photo. Inquisitive cat and an empty wind tunnel.

Here's the during photo. He tolerates it fairly well while Sparky cowers in the corner of my bedroom on the other side of the house. Another sign that I have a chicken dog.

Check it out! Pure cat hair! I learned that pictured below represents what a full canister looks like.
Note to self: empty cat hair before vacuuming the rest of the house.
I won't share a photo of the aftermath with you. You're welcome.

I'll simply leave you with a happy, less hairy, and treat filled cat.

No comments: