Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Thawing Out Berries


Today was a pretty good day sprinkled with a little family here and there. I was plugging away at work and got a text from my brother, "you free in 5 minutes?". Yep, I sure was and desperately in need of a break. I kept working, but now looking forward to a possible call or visit from Tom. I got the latter and a bonus scoop of chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. Does Tom know me well or what?
Once I got home, I hooked up Sparky and we headed to Springdale for our walk. I thought about Prancercising down Prospect, but I didn't want to cause an accident. Anyway, Sparky and I made it to the bottom of Springdale on our normal route, but it started to get a bit crowded with runners, so we crossed over to a sidewalk to stay out of the way. As we started to merge back onto the road, I looked both ways and then promptly sprained the heck out of my ankle on the uneven sidewalk.
http://prancercise.com/
Shaking the pain and waiting for the tears to clear out of my eyes, I debated on whether to call for a ride to take me up the hill and home. Asking a passer by even crossed my mind, but I decided that with a dog and bag of poo... well, I would hesitate letting that in my car. Plus, I was still upright, so I decided I'd try to tough it out and headed towards the hill.

As I baby stepped it on the flat ground, towards the hill, my phone rang. It was Mom! She works just a couple miles from Springdale and was on her way home. Momma to the rescue! She asked if we needed to stop anywhere else on the ride home and I assured her I had ice packs in the freezer. I was wrong, they had sprung a leak at some point and I threw them away last sprain. Bring on the berries! Guess who's having thawed fruit tonight?

The best part, Mom stayed for a couple minutes. As I let Sparky into the backyard, a light bulb went off in my head. I shouted to Mom, "The poop's still in the back of your car!" Then I promptly busted a gut. Mom yelled back, "That's not funny!"

I have to share Sparky's newest pastime, trying to get to the cat who now lives on the other side of the fences. It's awesome to see him "be a dog". Quite often noises outside will scare him and he jumps non-stop at the back door waiting for me to let him back in. Now, he's out there for minutes on end stalking his new little buddy. Wonder if he realizes he's got a cat inside he could play with?

A random thought... do you think clothing stores in Alaska ever have clearance/end of season savings on coats?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't figure out the kitty/fence photo until I enlarged it. Cute!
Your EMT in Malibu Maxx

P-town Tom said...

I'm not sure about this whole prancercise thing. Laura showed me the youtube video earlier his evening. Weird. Just plain weird.