Sunday, April 14, 2013

All Phalanges and Eyebrows Intact

It was nice to have a productive weekend, and I'm happy to report, as the post headline states, all phalanges and eyebrows are intact!

I enjoyed a relaxed and fun game night Friday. The worst injury I could have sustained would have been a papercut from the cards we were playing with.

Saturday I tried to recover from my late night evening of caffeine which had resulted in a severe lack of sleep. My motivation to start some spring cleaning in the basement was Mom. We geared up with lunch and then got to work. Vacuumed, partially organized, and sorted for donations. Anyone need a game?

Today was the dangerous day. Mom and Dad had 4 dead pine trees chopped down on their property this week and asked Tom, Laura, and I to come over today to help cleanup.

Step 1: Tom and I hacking the trees apart with a couple chainsaws.

Step 2: Loading up Grandpa's trailer with the debris.
 
Step 3: Burn the branches and tend to the hottest fire ever.

Here's how I took in the fire. From the safety of the workshop. I let the pyromaniacs, Laura and Tom, set everything ablaze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Had to look up phalanges in the dictionary. Fingers and toes, eh? Guess I would have known that if I hadn't avoided taking anatomy in high school.