Sunday, April 7, 2013

My First Week of Spring

The weather cooperated quite nicely this past week and I took some time to get out with some friends and even do a bit of work in the yard.

Last weekend I met Laura and Tom at Bradley park to play this season's first round of frisbee golf. It's always a bit dangerous to use this course to try to get the rust off. But then again, it wouldn't be the same without a little adventure.

I forgot to bring my floating discs with me, so thank goodness I landed in the shallow stream. Also kind of nice to have a brother with long arms.

Did we lose a disc?

Nope, we just had to be patient and let the current bring Tom's disc to us.

Time to do a little spring cleaning on the ole car. Just a few Sparky nose prints to take care of.

Thursday was opening day for the Peoria Chiefs baseball season. This diehard Cubs fan may not go to as many games now that they are a Cardinals affiliate, but it's sure not going to stop me from having a little fun at the game.

An event would not be complete without a caffeine consumption photo with an Angell.

 Amy and I rocking fun stocking caps. Perry the Platypus and the one and only Scooby Doo.

And what will a Scooby Doo hat on an over-exuberant adult fan get you? Well, when the kids located in front of you go a on a dessert run, you get a foul ball.

Extra innings and a wait for the fireworks left Kristin and I as the last two standing in our bunch.

No comments: