Friday, April 5, 2013

#9 Spongebob Squarepants Shapes

As you may have figured out, I'm a kid at heart. So cartoon shaped pasta should be right up my alley. But you can't judge a Kraft Macaroni & Cheese by the box, even if the box has collectable cards on the back with Spongy Trivia.

I should probably explain how I like my mac n' cheese. There's a term, al dente, that means the pasta is boiled until firm but not hard. Yep, prefer my pasta be the opposite of that. Let the shapes expand to capacity and rescue prior to them mushing into nothingness.

To keep a level playing field with this challenge and countdown, I prepared the meals with approximately the same amount of time in the boiling water. Spongebob Squarepants was at a severe disadvantage being rectangularly shaped. The center must have been what people call al dente, and I would consider chewy. Good traditional flavor, but chewy pasta drops ya to the bottom of the list.

No comments: