Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

Is this what they call the Dog Days of Summer? I'm not so sure the name fits all that well. Sparky doesn't seem to be such a big fan of hanging around outside in this weather. Can't say I blame him, when I break a sweat going to the mailbox. I should mention the mailbox is attached to my house. ;-)

I'm missing our walks through Springdale, but have substituted with Dance-Dance Revolution for me and playing fetch for him. Biggest downside to that is waiting for the weather to get "cooler" in the evening and then getting eaten up by the mosquitoes. But I can't resist getting out there for the happiest dog on earth.
I used the word "yarp" the other day when talking with Tom and Laura. By the context of the conversation they knew I meant barf, but asked where I came up with that word. I asked my coworkers if they had heard of "yarp" and I got a bunch of nopes. So, "yarp" is yet another word unique to my vocabulary. Although it can be found in the urban dictionary with other definitions.

That's the scoop from hear and what's floating around in my head.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photo--looks like the dogsitter's yard to me. :-)
Have you told Sparky yet that he's going travelin' on Saturday?
Hugs... Momma

Amanda Rassi said...

Love the picture! He's definitely eyeballin' something. =)