Monday, August 23, 2010

Concerts Galore

I had a great time with Mom over the weekend at the Iowa State Fair. I'm a bit tired right now due to too much rockin', tons of fun, lots of driving and a lack of sleep. I'll share some photos of the concert tonight and fill in more tomorrow with a recap of the Fair experience and the other things we did.

Mom and I are both a part of the Little Big Town fan club and were fortunate to get a meet and greet with them before the concert. If you study the photo close enough, you will notice the bulge at Mom's waste, which is actually a fanny pack! It was good thinking on her part and was sported by many at the Fair. From L to R, Phillip, Kimberly, Mom, Me, Jimi, and Karen. They were awesome to us!
Here's a pic of the group from the top of the grandstand. The sound mix was right on this time and they played a stupendous show.
Here's a pic of Jennifer and Kristian during another energized Sugarland performance.
Sunday was Sheryl Crow's turn to take the stage. I didn't have much of a chance to take in her newly released album, so I wasn't completely sure what I was in for. I was just as happy, if not happier than the first time I saw her live. She just about brought the house down! So Good!
I wish I was that close to her, but this is a photo off of the big screen.

2 comments:

Jennay said...

Sounds like a successful weekend of fun! ;)

Anonymous said...

Sure enjoyed reading all this, but it makes me want to hear them singing! Hugs, Momma