Sunday, August 8, 2010

An "Accoustical" Evening with Toby Lightman

Saturday I headed to Chicago with Aunt Cheryl to hear one of my favorite artists in concert, Toby Lightman. I've followed her since her first album came out in 2004. She has a great voice and interacted with us at the performance. It was neat to hear the stories behind some of the songs she has written.

Definitely a performance I won't be forgetting anytime soon. I hope I'll get the chance to see her live again some day. Here's a photo from last night.


Below is a neat Youtube video I found of her giving a little tour of her neighborhood in NYC. I enjoy the sense of humor and the down-to-earthness.

It was a really fun time going up to Chicago for the show and Aunt Cheryl was quite entertaining as usual. For my first time driving in Chicago, I don't think I could have asked it to go any better.

Oh and did I mention, I did get her to sign one of her album covers, and I stole the promo poster from the front bar window. I didn't have enough guts to go back inside and ask her to sign that.
<a href="http://tobylightman.bandcamp.com/album/let-go">So Natural by Toby Lightman</a>

No comments: