Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Productive Weekend

If I was more motivated this evening, I would get a few photos off my phone and camera to post on the blog. But I'm quite comfy on the couch right now and don't feel like tracking down the cords for those devices.

So you'll just have to use your imagination to picture what these photos would have looked like.

Saturday Dog Class
Sparky did much better with his sitting and staying. He manages to keep all 4 feet on the ground, but his tail wags at a pace of 217 WPM (wags per minute. Our practicing of down also helped his performance in class. He doesn't quite understand that down is on his belly, not on his back with all 4 feet flopping around in the air. Well, at least he's not standing and pacing. :)

Sunday Family Fun
Sparky and I stopped by the Dunlap softball field to watch Tom, Dad and Grandpa install outdoor speakers on the backstop and dugouts. Nothing like tossing a ball up to Tom on the top of the dugout to throw to the ant-size looking Sparky on the ground. We had a birthday dinner for Grandpa that evening which followed with him wearing the celebratory birthday hat and all of us enjoying a delicious angel food Danish custard frosted cake with toasted coconut (great job Mom!)

Monday Work Day
I got a head start on the flower gardens on Saturday, so I focused on some indoor projects with Dad and Grandpa. We got a ceiling fan installed in the bedroom, my living room furniture rearranged, bathroom sink unclogged, cable rewired, and gutters cleaned. Dad cleaned out the gutter on driveway side of the house and pulled out to large handfuls of dry leaves which he tossed down at me. I tried to dodge them and move the bucket around to catch them. Dad made it look easy enough, "so why not try the other side", I said to myself. Yeah, that's the side with the big ole tree! Thank goodness I had some gloves on. Can you say sticks, leaves, and about and inch of gunky stuff! EWWWWW! Just about filled up 5 gallon bucket of that stuff.

Tuesday Back to the Paying Work Day
Today was my Monday. Unfortunately, the work fair did not come over my 3-day weekend to finish all the work on my desk. I guess you'll have that. At least I know I have enough work on my desk to keep me out of trouble. At least I won't be bored, but hopefully I can keep the stress levels down. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. ugh.

Time to call it a night and put the computer away.

No comments: