Friday, February 12, 2010

Silver Lining on a Cloudy Day

A not so fun cold bug sunk it's teeth into me yesterday and I couldn't shake it. This morning I woke up with an awful headache, sore throat, and just plain old tiredness. Not wanting to spread germs, I opted to stay home from work. I've been pushing fluids and taking it easy. Nap time is coming up soon, but I had to post something that made my day.

According to Homer, the Chiefs mascot... my big brothers, Tom and Jim, and my parents were have been thinking of me. I'm kind of glad Homer didn't find the doorbell and kindly left the Happy Valentine's flowers and card on the porch for me. I was not up for the photo op today.

I don't know who the mastermind behind it all was... all I know is that it was perfect timing and I am truly touched.

This means so much to me because I've had a rough couple of weeks with my anxiety flaring up. I went back to the doctor last week when I felt myself sinking, but am hopefully back on the road to being myself. I need to give it time and remember that I have one of the best support systems anyone could ask for.

Thank you!
I would give you all hugs, if I didn't have cooties right now!

2 comments:

The Iadipaolo's said...

Love you Janers!!! The Iadipaolo's are thinking of you and hope you feel better!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow--look how Sparky snuck into the picture. Get well soon! Lizzie-Lu