Sunday, May 18, 2008

Up close and personal

A few people have seen the rock pile up close in person. For those who haven't, here it is in all of its glory. I sloped the dirt away from the house, put the plastic down and have been piling all the rock from the flowerbeds on top. I think it's safe to say that I'll have plenty of rock to finish covering the plastic. I'm surprised I haven't started dreaming about digging in the dirt, picking out rocks, saving worms, and wrestling with pesky evergreen bush roots. So far I have been winning, but there's still a way to go.

How do the front flower beds look? I'm glad you asked. Tom and Laura stopped by yesterday to help finish off the right side of the house. Behind the Cubs sign the end to my rake handle. Tom was working with a bit too much gusto yesterday. I can't wait to edge this out with the brick sitting in my garage.

Next step is to finish pulling the rock out of the left flowerbed. I should have a few nights this week to continue on that one. Thanks to Laura and Tom for helping me get a jump start on that side. Mom came over today to help me put the chicken wire up in the backyard. I am good to go there, just need to remember to keep my veggies and flowers watered.

Are you wondering if I've found and buried treasure in my yard with all of this digging through rock and dirt? Well, Laura gets the prize for coolest find. I made it unscathed through the backyard, but the front was a bit different. Laura found these bones buried in the ground on either side of the front stoop! I wish I could remember which bones she said they were. Anyway, they are most likely some lucky dog's treats from awhile back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking great!

Anonymous said...

I think the bones are greater trochanters from (probably) a cow femur. I am surprised I'm not at all sore from all the digging and sifting.