Friday, March 14, 2008

Anyone Still Out There?

So, Thelma and Louise got back the other day from Las Vegas, after 4 days of working the Case Rodeo Championships. It was an extremely busy, tiring, fun, overwhelming, unbelievable, worthwhile, and humbling experience. I think I enjoyed it just as much as most of the competitors. So who won? Well, Steph's and my "shuttle buddy" Nick Market took home the loader/backhoe. The two competitors , Nick M. and Tim Reynolds, on our shuttle from the airport to the hotel placed in the Top 5.
Above is one half of the Daily News from Wednesday. We, Charlie, Steph, Stacey, Anthony, and I stayed up late put these together each night, recapping the day's events. It was a tremendous effort by the whole team to get these designed, printed, and then back to the hotels for room drops each morning. The only thing I would change about the trip, if I could, would be teleporting myself from place to place. That would have saved quite a bit of time and a couple blisters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's really cool. My job would never send me to Vegas.

Jane said...

Hmmmm, let me weigh in on this one. Costa Rica or Las Vegas??? I'd choose Costa Rica hands down. Sure, it'd be with a gaggle of high school students, but you'd at least get be a tourist.