Saturday, February 15, 2014

The Hermit Left the House

I truly enjoy looking at the snow as it falls and leaves a fluffy white layer across the landscape and then slowly turns into icicles as the sun beats down on it. But with this weather comes the cold. And with the cold, I turn into a coach burrito.

I suppose it doesn't help that I'm an Olympics junky and they've be on TV for a good week now. Competition at it's highest level is pretty awesome. Especially when most are "Regular Joe's" that don't get paid millions to compete in the sport they love. The drive most have is inspirational.

Between this super cold and ultra snowy winter I could easily be inside watching the fascinating Olympic stories unfold 24/7. Of course, I'd need to have cable and a limitless amount of vacation days.

It's late and I'm not 100% sure where I'm going with the flow of this blog, so I'll just get to the point. Thanks to some wonderful people in my life, I actually got pulled out my cozy warm couch burrito during the last week.

I managed to stop by and bug the parents and grandpa. I caught The Princess Bride on the big screen at the Peoria Riverfront Museum with Laura. Chillaxed for an evening with the Iadipaolo's. And I have to include running a concession stand with Tom during a Dunlap basketball game.

Hopefully I can bust out of the couch burrito this coming week too.

No comments: