Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Goals Met - Birthday Weekend Activities

I turned the official 3-2 this weekend and had a blast doing so. In preparation for the bid day on Saturday, I took Friday off from work. I managed to get a few things done around the house and met up with Mom for lunch.

Soon after, I was on my way over to the Iadipaolo's to have an Opening Ceremony Pizza Party with Sandra and the kids. Check out what round and ringy items were on the menu. Yes, we are dorks.

Even better, we had pizza rounds!

Sadly, I didn't even stay awake for the torch lighting, but I had a good excuse. Sparky and I had to be up early Saturday morning to make our way to Jubilee Park for Whitney's Walk. Here's Sparky itchin' for us to get parked so he could give me a walk. I couldn't keep track of the number of people he had us pass, nor can I remember all the comments they made about my furry little friend.

I checked online and this year Whitney's Walk for Life (Honoring life by supporting programs for depression awareness and suicide prevention.) raised over $106,000, with over $3,900 coming from my team and $165 being contributed by my friends and family! Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

This pic doesn't do the green shirts justice, there were so many of us there. And the morning was perfect, just look at that blue sky, feel the breeze and know it was less than 90 degrees out.

After Sparky and I speed walked through the course, it was time to head home and clean up and continue to hydrate. Next up, blood donation with Tom and Sandra. First finger stick iron level was 12.4. I needed to be a 12.5 for them to accept my A+ blood. Second finger stick... drum roll please... 12.6! Boo-ya, take that iron level.

Moving along... after a mini wild goose chase, Tom and I met up with the family for lunch at Avanti's. Our seats were located near the entrance of the restaurant, with me facing outward, sporting the good ole birthday hat. Loved getting happy birthday wishes from strangers. Such fun!

Cake, who needs cake? Ice cream is where it's at.

The coolest present I had was from my parents. Or maybe this is more of a presentation of a present.
Here's the key:
- Find some Sugarland songs
- Choose some phrases
- Omit select words

Bada-bing, bada-boom, instant Sugarland Scavenger Hunt!

After rummaging through my parents' house while following my Sugarland clues, I attempted to get a nap in before heading to the Chiefs game with some friends. Surprisingly, even with the jam packed day, I was unable to get in much shuteye, but I was in luck.

I had a constant stream of Mountain Dew to keep me awake at the game!

To top off the fun game with Tom, Laura, Jim Vince, Kristin, and Nicole... not only did I get a frisbee, foul ball, my birthay announced across the P.A., but they had fireworks for me too!

Seriously one of the best weekends all summer!!!

1 comment:

Jennay said...

That sounds like a Awesome Birthday Weekend! :)