Saturday, April 16, 2011

Carrying Cash

I rarely pay for anything with cash. The main reason is so I can earn points on my credit card towards a plane ticket somewhere, usually Denver :)

I've been in charge of signing my softball team up this year and have been keeping the cash they give me and then paying the park district with my credit card. My parents were even nice enough to let me "pay for" their new kitchen counter tops.

I didn't make it to the bank this week to deposit the cash I had sitting at home, so when I went to pick up lunch from my favorite Chinese restaurant, China Express, I decided to pay in cash since it was only $5.50.

Now... this is what is currently bothering me and another reason why I don't usually carry/pay with cash. As I was pulling out money to pay, I was pretty sure I handed him a 5 and 1. Fully expecting to get just change back I put my wallet back in my pocket.

I'll admit I was a bit in space cadet mode, and when I looked up to grab my change, he handed me 15 dollars and change. I can only imagine what my face looked like. I'm still perplexed as to whether I gave him 6 or 21 dollars. I wish I could have an instant replay or a rewind the DVR in my head.

I truly don't know if I got the right change back or too much back. Checking the contents of my wallet didn't help anything because I don't have a clue what I started with.

Just trying to get this off my mind.

No comments: