Sunday, December 6, 2009

Time Flies When You're Not Home

Wow, that's pretty sad... over two weeks without a post. I guess it didn't help that I've been here, there, and everywhere in between.

It started out with a fun trip down to St. Louis to visit, Joyce, Brian, and John. It seemed like almost a year since I had seen them and it was great to catch up.

Then Thanksgiving rolled around and I think I spent more time at my parents' house and in stores than at my own house. I should have taken a little time out to relax, but I did get quite a bit accomplished in that time, plus, as always, it was great to see the family.

Shortly after Thanksgiving I lived in Dunlap for 3 days as a single mother of two kids. Quite a different routine, but I couldn't have asked for things to go any better. The one bummer was not getting to bring Jinkies with me. He was so confused when I'd come home from work at lunch and then not come back until the next day. He is quite pleased to have is warm human back... helps cut down on the time sleeping with your face covered for warmth.
Work has been quite chaotic and exhausting lately and I don't see that changing until the live web cast we're planning happens on the 14th. Another great learning experience, but on top of everything else, very stressful.

I've enjoyed this weekend and taking the time to do the things that I want to do. Somehow an impromptu game night even happened. I wrapped Christmas presents and toted those over to my parents' house and I even dropped off a car load of stuff to Good Will. I puttered out this afternoon, so I only got half way through organizing my house. I'm hoping to keep at it and do a little bit each night this week. We shall see how that goes.

2 comments:

Amanda Rassi said...

Wow you have two kids and moved to Dunlap? It really has been a while since I checked your blog. ;-) Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Tell Jinkies to SMILE the next time you take his picture! Momma