Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sparky

So I decided last weekend to go for dog round 2. I brought Sparky home on Saturday and scheduled his visit to the vet for Monday. I did my best to not get attached before the vet visit, at the time his name was Kobe. He checked out good at the vet, so I gave him his name.

Sparky and Jinkies are probably doing as well as can be expected. Today is my first full day at home with the both of them and they have been "playing" nice. They've gotten within 6 feet of each other without any yowling or growling. I think there is hope that they can occupy the same room in the future.

Sparky does well with me, but hesitates/barks his head off at strangers (or is it just men?). Hopefully Tom will come visit every once and while and help this a bit.

Here's a little video of Sparky. Right now, he's either sleeping or following me around, so it's hard to get a good shot of him. I'm sure once he's acclimated better, I'll be able to get some better shots.

Sparky's stats: 3 years old, 22ish pounds, dachshund/yellow lab mix, likes to chase balls, likes rawhide strips, crate trained, barks when scared, and is quite cute and loveable. His first nickname is Senor Destructo because he annihilated a canvas toy with a squeaker in less than 10 minutes, stuffing was everywhere. Next up is trying to find a durable rubber toy with a squeaker.

2 comments:

Vince said...

Congrats on sparky. Can't wait to meet him. Him and louie will have to have a playdate sometime.

Anonymous said...

How about a pic of El Destructo stylin' in his Swedish coat? Momma