Thursday, August 13, 2009

I shouldn't be awake right now.

I'm still awake, which is not a good thing. I had caffeine at the game tonight because I didn't have any other free options in area I was sitting in. I'm tired, but yet my mind won't shut off. On top of that, the poison ivy on my arm is beyond itchy right now. I really want to catch some Z's. I tried reading, but that wasn't helping. I thought if I just turn the light out, then that will do it. I got sick of staring of into space in the dark, so I hopped on the computer. I wish I was like Jinkies and fall asleep at the drop of a hat... or even better, not have to work tomorrow. I did put three different ointments on my arm, and that seems to be helping with the urge to scratch my blistered arm. One down, one to go. I totally need an on-off switch for my mind right now.

So, yeah, I went to the ballgame tonight. I got a free ticket through one of our vendors at work. I was supposed to sit on the 3rd base side of the upper deck, but I thought I'd sit in the outfield to get a homerun ball. The bats were live lastnight, so I thought they may be again tonight. Three homeruns were hit in the first inning away from where I was sitting. Eventually one came my way in the 6th or so, but I couldn't track it (these darn glasses). I gave up too soon, not knowing it was hiding under a picnic table, go figure. Anyway, the guy who found it was beyond ecstatic with the plans to get it signed by the ballplayer and add it to his mantle at home. You can't help but be happy for someone that is that excited about a ball. Had I found the ball, it would have sat around in my pile of baseballs and eventually gotten signed by a bunch of future Chief players.

Sorry no photos to go along with this rambling. I still have photos to get off my camera from seeing Chicago Cubs All-Star Ted Lilly pitch with the Chiefs last night. Not sure how many more games I'll go to this year. I feel somewhat vulnerable wearing the glasses and would like to know that someone's got my back, and I won't get jacked in the face by a baseball. Even with the gaggle of people I went with last night, I was mere feet away from getting clobbered! Part of the reason why I sat in the outfield this evening.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

"Jacked in the face." Still funny! I hope this saying never goes away.

Anonymous said...

call me. we can talk about sleep aids. =) L