Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Wild Backyard

So they don't live in the backyard, but I do have a house finch family living under the overhand outside my kitchen window. Chippy lives down a hole right next to my wildflowers in the backyard. I actually small a babyish squirrel the other day, although he may have just been a midget.

Today it was confirmed, I do indeed have a bunny nest in the backyard. It is much more pleasant that the few gigantic ant hills I have. Any tips on getting rid of the huge ant hills? I had a bunny sighting after I was two lawnmower passes away from their nest. I looked over and three little bunnies shot out of the hole towards the fence. They were so tiny and cute, but I didn't have my camera on me at the time.

I lucked out tonight and as I was walking back from hooking up the hose at the back of the yard... I just avoided stepping on the bunny. He was hunkered down away from the nest waiting for me to pass by. I was afraid I had clipped him with the lawnmower and he had died. I nudged him with my foot and he skittered away to the fence. Once again, no camera on me.

I went into the house, grabbed my camera and made my way back outside. I scanned the fence line and saw bunny trying to hide behind the weeds I've been trying to kill. I wish I could have pet him, he looks so fuzzy. He could totally sit in the palm of my hand.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

AAAWWWW! bunnies are so cute!