Sunday, May 10, 2009

Gardening 2009

Here are some really cute orange wildflowers that came up from last years attempt at a wildflower garden. All the green game back from last year. I planted some more seeds in the areas that didn't come back... I'm guessing it will be a full area in a few years or so.
Tom and Laura came over yesterday to take the yucca plants from out of the middle of my garden. I should have taken a photo of the root system Tom helped dig out. I'm hoping we got all of it, so the yuccas don't back again. Only time will tell. I knocked out planting some seeds in the garden today. Hopefully I'll have some luck from scratch. If not, I'll buy a few plants in a couple weeks.
For whatever reason, I didn't feel like tackling my garden on Saturday after Tom and Laura came over, so I made a new flowerbed instead. Still not really sure what got into me, but I think it turned out quite nicely for a one-man show. I dug out all the grass, sunk the edging a bit, added a few bags a of top soil around where I planted the elephant ears. I finished it up this morning after I bought a few annuals and then mulched it. Note, this is on the side of the garage, so I get to see it out my back door. :-) Let's hope they grow well there.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

Looks nice, Jane. Good job!