Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Flooding my own basement.

I've been busy, busy, busy lately, and tonight was no exception. I had to take the big step to getting the basement clean enough to work on mending some of the PVC pipe leaks. The pipe helps keep the flooding water along the outside edges of the basement, so I don't have everything getting wet as the water seeps in.

Anyway, my half of the basement has been just dandy. A couple small areas to attend to, but not bad right now... I don't have to pull up the area rug anymore, yee-ha. Jinkies half of the basement is another story. The pipe doesn't go all the way around because of the washer and dryer and the stray litter makes it a complete mess.

I finally bit the bullet and moved everything out from that half of the basement and got Mr. Clean to come to my rescue. The basement now smells lemony fresh and it is prepped for more caulk and PVC pipe. There really haven't been enough hours in the day lately.

I need to go relax now... I'll try to blog about my weekend tomorrow.

No comments: