Thursday, February 19, 2009

Which dream was craziest?

1. Going out in my backyard to check on my pear tree. Noticing there was way too much fruit for any of it to get enough nutrients to grow big, I decided to shake the branches to remove some of the fruit. Upon doing so, I noticed the pears at the bottom were much smaller than the ones at the top. I grabbed a branch from the top, but it sprung away and two pears went a flyin'. To my surprise when I went to pick them up, they were the size of watermelons with a small dent from where they hit the ground. While walking past the garage to take them inside, Cubby, my childhood dog ran by.

2. Tom and I watching an unnamed black and white classic movie in an old-time movie theater. Sitting just beyond one of the pillars, our seats get whisked upwards. I blink once and we are now the passengers in a small two-tone, blue and white, 2-passenger plane. Almost instantly, the plane is out of control and we're ejected from the plane. We fly in a huge arch to the right, while the plane heads to the left. We're floating in the water with our life jackets on, and start swimming towards a road in the distance that comes out of the water. We pass a orange construction sign in the water and I remember I have my cell phone with me, so I call 911.

I explain that we have landed in the water and need assistance making it back from land. As I'm speaking to the 911 operator, I notice a scuba diver. I'm ecstatic that help is already there, but the operator asks if the diver is wearing all black. Yes, he is. I am then told that the diver is only there to vacuum up garbage from the bottom of the river and has no skills to help us. Next thing I know, Tom and I are safe on land, dressed to the nines, and have become part of the unnamed black and movie that is being filmed in Peoria. We look back and see the blue and white plane sinking in the water where the road comes out of the water.

3. I'm at my parents' house taking care of the house while they are on vacation. Late one evening I get a call on my cell phone from an unknown phone number. I'm just chit-chatting with the person on the other end before she let's me know that her name is Ellen DeGeneres. She said she wanted to get to know me better before...... and then click!, the call is lost! My cell phone no longer works correctly and I can't get to the incoming call screen to get the number to return the call from the home phone.

I'm freaking out, do I have a chance to get on the Ellen show? I feel like I'm against the clock and have to get my cell phone number up and ringing for when the show calls back. I go to the Verizon store for assistance, but I can't get them to simply switch my phone number over to a new phone. No matter what I try, they won't work with me and won't even show me how to access my voicemail by dialing from another phone.

I'm beyond flustered and return home to call the Verizon helpline from the home phone. A representative tells me I can log into my cell phone email account to get any messages. I finally get logged in and see a message from Jim about the summer softball team, and how he has found a sponsor.


Last night was a fun evening of dreams. I had a couple others, but they weren't nearly as interesting or detailed. One about shopping in a clothing store with whacked-out outfits, and another about mixing up days to go visit family. I wonder if this is all because of the new medicine I'm taking... hmmm... I guess I'll find out tonight. This Wal-Zyr-D might be some medicine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh boy, the zyrtec-D adverse reactions include insomnia, hallucinations, and psychosis- but that's at high doses of pseudoephedrine. Are you taking it with any other drugs?

On the other hand, the dreams sound kinda fun, except the voicemail shenanigans.
Drugs ARE the answer!