Sunday, February 15, 2009

Long Weekends are Good

Of course, I'm sure most of you are well aware of that fact. Friday was a fun day. I did a bit of shopping around town and then hijacked Grandpa for lunch at the Cobbler Corner in Pekin. I assisted Grandpa with his most recent puzzle and then finished up my taxes before Tom and Laura joined us all for dinner. It was a fun evening, followed up with Mom in the middle of a hug sandwich, and me getting to drive home in a snowglobe. I wish the photo translated better.
On Saturday, I learned you can mail just about anything from the self-serve kiosks at the post office. With help from the roving postal employee, I was able to get my taxes sent with a return receipt... now I just have to figure out what I did with the receipt that has the tracking numbers...hmmmm. The rest of my Saturday was filled with going to Lakeview with Matt and then playing the game Bananagram (fun game for the Scrabble-minded). If you haven't been to the planitarium in awhile, they have some great shows, but they're not for people with motion sickness.
Today I've been working on getting things done around the house... surprise, surprise. I was pleased to wake up this morning and see that Jinkies hadn't distrubed the pretty flowers Matt brought me. I guess Velma was always the culprit.
I'll keep everyone posted as to how my platelette donation goes tomorrow evening. Some people have thought that I get paid for doing it, but that's not the case. I was told I have an abundance of platelettes, so why not share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw- how sweet of Matt to bring you flowers. And sweet of Jinkies not to destroy them! If you want money for your body fluids, donate plasma. It's fun to go and just see the cohort of donators! I'm proud of you for spending your time donating platelets- I transfuse them all the time and know how important they are to cancer patients! Laura

Jennay said...

That is so awesome you got some beautiful flowers from Matt! Good luck tonight :)