Sunday, June 28, 2015

Whitney's Walk 2015

I posted a tweet today:
Despite the heat, I enjoy July and especially the 28th because it's my birthday. It's the one day of the year I feel most loved because I get to hear from so many family and friends in such a short period of time. I don't have any other days to celebrate, so I soak this one up.

This year I will be in town during the days surrounding my birthday, which means I will be in town for Whitney's Walk. As with past years, if you feel so inclined to get me something for my birthday, I would greatly appreciate a donation made on my Whitney's Walk page. Heck, you can even join my team and walk with Sparky and I!!!

My team's name is Living for Lynn. Lynn was a middle school classmate/teammate of mine, high school volleyball rival for a year or so and daughter to one of my favorite all-time teachers. She ended up going to Bradley a year after me, where I would see her on the basketball team from a distance. She was a wonderful person and I wish I had reached out beyond my small social bubble and welcomed here to Bradley. Once again, it's my honor to be a part of Living for Lynn.

No comments: