Monday, March 10, 2014

Dog Walkin'

As I drove home from work with the windows down, I contemplated taking Sparky for a walk. I was leaning towards a resounding No Way. 

Why? Well, take a look at the evidence below.


Sparky (aka Shorty) has an uncanny ability to flick any drop of moisture to his underside. And with said moisture comes the dirt and grime from the puddly sidewalks and lake-like backyard. So, when I let him out to "do his thing" he was already dirty and left me no reason to not go for a walk.

It was a multi-step process to getting my little furball clean. As I had him sitting outside while I took the photo, he literally left a puddle! This led me to toweling him off outside before I allowed him as far as the kitchen to wipe him down with doggie handi-wipes. Now he is comfortably snoozing in his bed and smells like green tea.

In other news, I tried a new app to chart track our walk tonight. We used Dog Walk, which is made by the MapMyWalk people. I used my arm band so the signal wouldn't get blocked by anything, but to no avail. Contrary to what the route shows below, I did not climb any fences and cut through backyards.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I use my phone to track my runs. The program's name is Runtastic and it works pretty well. It's not as accurate mileage-wise as my garmin watch was, but it gets the job done.

Anonymous said...

How come Sparky-doo doesn't even look the least bit apologetic for all his grimy-ness?