Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cubs vs Red Sox 5-21-11

Matt, Brian and myself took a 3 mile walk to Fenway Park along the Emerald Necklace which is a nice pathway alongside parks and creeks. It's funny how they live in a big city but have these little golden nuggets of nature so close.

Along the way we made friends with some baby squirrels that were on the paved path taken by walkers and bicyclists. We tried to get them out of harms way. Here's one hitching a ride on my shoe.
I have many photos from the Cubs vs Red Sox game, but do not wish to post them all. We did not sit in the upper deck, but as I explored prior to the first pitch, I got a kind usher to take this one for me.
When I bought our tickets, they came with a warning of a partially obstructed view of the pitcher and/or catcher. I wanted to get in the ballpark, so I took our chances. We totally lucked out!
The Cubs came out with a win after the Red Sox imploded in the 8th inning. Thank goodness we had something to jump up and down to cheer about because it was sooooo cold. I believe it was mid-40's with wind and periodic misting/fogging.
Fun times were had in Boston. I even got to break into my first apartment! You can't say that about many vacations.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

Nice shots of Fenway! Crazy how it was in the mid 40's when you were there, and then a week later it's 90 in IL.

That squirrel was ridiculous!