Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Building Steam, Nah... Segway, Yes Please

I opted out of heading down to the riverfront to train with the Building Steam team tonight. With my sore hips, keeping up with them just isn't an option right now. Instead, I snagged the Sparkster after work and we headed down to Springdale for a 3 mile hilly walk. We boogied so as not to get rained on and were home before 6pm.

After a quick cool down, Tom gave me a holler and we headed down to the ballpark to take in a Chiefs game. It turned into a beautiful night for baseball and a segway lesson.

Yes, sure enough, there is a company in Peoria that provides segway tours. They were setup at the game tonight to let people tryout the segway for $3. I started out pretty tense, but got more relaxed and loose as I got comfortable. Note: segways do not stay upright by themselves... do not hop off to chase foul ball, as the segway will roll about 6 feet and then topple over.

Want more info, check it out for yourself... trust me, you can't not have fun!
World On Wheels Peoria

1 comment:

Amanda Rassi said...

Very cool! I had no idea Peoria had something like this. Sounds like fun!