Sunday, January 23, 2011

Championship Weekend

So, I planned to go over to my parent's house take in the big Bears vs Packers game, but they are both down and out with a cold. Bound and determined not to catch one, I opted to stay in Peoria. I had an invite to head over the Iadipaolo's, but at that point, the warmth of my couch was calling my name, so I stayed in.

As one would assume, yelling at the TV does not impact the outcome of a game. Although, it does make ones throat a bit scratchy and can very well scare the animals enough for them to relocate.

At least I had fun watching some sports this weekend. Tom, Laura, and I went down to the Civic Center to watch the Peoria Push roller derby teams compete in a doubleheader. The first bout got us warmed up and asking for more. And the second bout was the best-of-the-best skating, jamming, and sluggin' it out to the end. The Peoria Polka Bots almost squeaked out a win over the Quad Cities. It was one of the most dramatic and exciting 1-point games I've ever seen. But unfortunately Peoria lost 82 - 81. I'm looking forward to attending more bouts. If I wasn't so afraid of blowing out a knee, then I would seriously consider going to one of their practices to see what's it's like.

This weekend I learned that Eggo waffles are really where it's at. Schnucks was out of my waffles, so I tried their imitation store brand. I regret that decision, they aren't similar in taste or texture whatsoever. I also confirmed that I order overly complicated drinks at Starbucks. It seems that they get my order wrong about 1 out of every 4 stops. Yes, I still use my Keurig, but sometimes I want a treat and I don't have the same syrups as Starbucks. Plus, Sparky wanted to get out of the house and go for a ride.

No comments: