Sunday, April 5, 2009

Just a bit of work

So I went shopping with Mom on Saturday morning. Only one fabric store and she found prints for the new bedspread and curtains. I wish I had taken a picture of the samples to share. It'll be a really nice change for their bedroom.

After the mini shopping extravaganza (wow, that word has a bunch of a's)... anyway, I headed over the parents' house to help Dad and Grandpa with the backyard drainage project. I wish I had gotten there earlier to help did a few more holes, but I guess one is better than none. Tom gets to help with the fun part later this week when they rent the Ditch Witch to bury the rest of the drainage pipe.

I did get to take part in the first burn barrel of the season. Only singed off hairs from one arm and only had to get the hose out once. Maybe it was a bit to windy or maybe I shouldn't have tried to build a tee-pee ontop of the barrel. Oh, I almost forgot to mentioned that I disposed of a dead mouse into the fire... and I threw a few fire crackers into the barrel too.

Today wasn't nearly as fun, but I'm getting to watch and listen to some great performances on the ACM awards. Tomorrow should be good even though I have to work... it'll be the Cubs first official game of the year! Go Cubbies!

No comments: