Monday, May 2, 2016

Not Watching My Cubs

Some evenings, all I want to do after work is snuggle up with the pets and watch the Cubs game. Today I checked the broadcast schedule and saw they would be on ESPN. That gave me one of two options,..watch on the ESPN app or crash a friends house who actually has cable.

Love these shirts.
Not wanting to fix dinner, I nuked some leftover French toast, invited Mrs. Butterworth to join me and logged on to ESPN. I was naive in thinking blackouts only held true for where the game was being played. With the Cubs playing in Pittsburgh, I incorrectly assumed they wouldn't be blacked out.

As I blog, the game radio broadcast is streaming through my phone. The 20 dollar price tag for subscribing to the radio broadcasts is in a price range I can stomach. Most days cable service could remedy this situation, but I can't seem to stomach or justify the cost. Another option would be to move out of market and get MLB TV. That might be a little drastic though.

Time to sign off and flip the laundry. Try not to be to jealous of my exciting Monday evening.

2 comments:

P-town Tom said...

I listen on 96.5 ESPN radio. Static free and so is the price.

Anonymous said...

Glad to read a new blog, Jane! Mommmmmma