Monday, August 4, 2014

One Hell of a Week!

My extended birthday week was pretty awesome! July 28th was the actually day, but thanks to friends and family, I got to enjoy more than one day.

Sure, some of the things I might mention weren't truly birthday related, but being with friends and family is what matters the most. I got to hit a Peoria Chiefs baseball game with Kristin and Little K. And with a Chiefs loss on a guaranteed win night, there will be at least one more game before the summer's over.

Had a pre-birthday weekend road trip with Tom, Vince, Craigers and his kiddos to Iowa. I have a few worthwhile tales to tell from this weekend, so stay tuned.

Once back in town, I had to work on the big day. My coworkers helped the Monday fly by and we had a terrific lunch out. Along with that, I reached my Whitney's Walk goal because of all the people who wished me a Happy Birthday via social media.

How's that? Well, I decided for each well wish, I would donate a dollar towards the cause. Some people I even poked or prodded.

Why is that? My Mom once told me that if you want to hear from someone on your birthday, then reach out to them. There's no reason to let yourself be disappointed when you can easily contact them.

I made it through a short 3-day work with the goal of enjoying a 4-day weekend in Denver. I'll simple leave you with... It was a Success! No doubt, there will be a post on some of the happenings.

Now I'm back in town yet again and the stars aligned for the family to get together this evening. No better way to end a Monday than time with the family. Can you picture the smile on my face?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos! ...and the text too. <3 Mom