Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Sugarland Reunion

Kristian Bush
Jennifer Nettles
Travis McNabb
Brandon Bush
Annie Clements
Scott Patton

Folks, those are the people that make up my Sugarland. I'd be floating on cloud 9 if/when they get back together again.

In the meantime, I've had to create my kind of Sugarland Reunion this summer. How exactly does that work? Well, grab some friends and then head out on the road to see some shows.

Kristian Bush & Brandon Bush - Nashville, TN
I technically saw Kristian twice when I headed to the CMA Fest earlier this year. I had breakfast with him one day and caught his performance at the Riverfront Stage. Now I'm patiently waiting for his album to come out & for Peoria radio stations to actually play Trailer Hitch!
 

You may have guessed already, but I'll fill you in anyway... Brandon is Kristian's brother. He played keyboards when I saw Kristian at the Riverfront Stage. Whenever he's sporting the handlebar mustache, I can't help but smile!
 

Travis McNabb with Gavin DeGraw  - Cedar Rapids, IA
I got to meet Travis briefly at a Starbucks across the street from the concert venue in Memphis, TN a few years ago. I love to watch drummers and wish I had the talent to be one. I know he's toured with Better than Ezra before, but was pleasantly surprised when I got to see him with Gavin this summer.


Annie Clements with Amos Lee - Red Rocks in CO
I had this concert booked back in January. I couldn't pass up a visit with Emily and seeing Amos Lee at Red Rocks with the Colorado Symphony! As the tour approached I'd learn that Annie Clements would be playing bass. It was such a fun highlight to hear her sing more than backup with Amos that night.


NEXT UP!

Jennifer Nettles and Scott Patton - Aurora, IL
Once upon a time I had the chance to meet Scott Patton in Denver, CO. At the time I was looking for the "Key to Sugarland" (remember that contest?) outside the Pepsi Center where they were scheduled to play that night. It appeared Scott had enjoyed some relaxation in the city, since I saw him strolling back to the bus with a book in his hand. I was too chicken to interrupt his peace and quiet. Assuming all goes right, I'll see Scott playing guitar with Jennifer Nettles.


Last, but not least, is Jennifer. Mom and I will be headed up to Aurora for the show later this month. With the help of friends and family, we may very well be VIP guests. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Please check out the scoop below and if you have the time to help, please do. It is greatly appreciated!



I get points when you watch the video all the way through. If you have additional time, please click on the "Listen" button.
You can help me get additional points by:
1. Clicking through all the photos - takes just over 2 minutes
2. Hitting play on the first song and letting them all play through - takes 5+ minutes to run through them all
3. Watching the videos all the way through

P.S. For the record, I did win. I'll work on posting the adventure after the event.

1 comment:

P-town Tom said...

How do I get to the leader board? I've been listening to that song nonstop and I want to see if I've helped make any progress for you.